1. After reading New York Times columnist, Nicholas Kristof‘s, May 24, 2014 article entitled “Graduate of the Year” which I distributed in class today, please write a well written paragraph sharing your reaction to this story. CLICK ON THIS LINK BELOW TO READ THIS STORY. I know you will enjoy this amazing story.
2. The poem “The Story of War” appears on page 24 in your textbook entitled “The Awakening: Massasoit’s Journey of Change, Renewal and Destiny”. There is an attitude the poet hopes all readers consider and eventually realize after reading his poem. This attitude is a mindset, a way of examining things, we bring to every evaluation we’re asked to make. It’s an important mindset or attitude we need to be aware of when we make judgements about people, places, organizations, etc. Please explain as succinctly as possible the life lesson about this attitude or mindset the poet hopes readers consider and embrace after reading “The Story of War“. Please remember, a succinct answer, i.e. 1 sentence preferably but no more than 2 sentences for your answer. This is hard to do but an important lesson. Most of us are challenged to be succinct, in other words, ‘keep it simple‘ with our explanations or directions. This is a good test of your discipline and skill to ‘keep it simple‘. Thank you.
3. What is an infographic? In your own words, please write a succinct definition of ‘infographic’.
4. Have you ever seen an infographic (yes or no)?
- If yes, please share the story of the infographic you have seen.
- If no, please think again. Are you sure you haven’t you seen an infographic before? But, if you’re sure, I bet you’re wrong; you have seen an infographic! Think about it.
5. We had a ‘geography’ conversation today, a ‘where in the world is‘ and ‘how many are there‘ discussion. There are more than 7,000,000,000 people on the planet with the countries of China and India each having populations of over 1,000,000,000 (Billion!!). With this in mind, please answer the following questions:
- What is the total population of the country of the United States of America? ________________________
- What is the total population of the state of Rhode Island? _________________
- What is the total population of the city of Providence? ___________________
- What is the total population of the largest state in land area in the United States, Alaska? __________________
- What city in the United States has the largest total population? ________________
- How many people live in this city?___
please submit all answers to these questions to my email address by midnight, Wednesday, February 24th, 2016. Thank you.