1. Please read pages 1 through 40 in your exciting, new textbook, “The Future“. After reading this author’s perspective on the ‘future’, please tell me
- if you are “optimistic” or “pessimistic” about your opportunities for success in your future.
- Then, tell me why you feel either “optimistic” or “pessimistic” about your opportunities for future success, of course, in a well written paragraph with perfect spelling, good grammar and no run-on sentences. Thank you.
2. If there is something you read in “The Future” text which seems preposterous, seemingly impossible to happen in the future, please tell me, in a well written, succinct paragraph, what it is and why it seems ‘unlikely’ to happen. AND, if there is something you read which is ‘likely’ to happen and you’re excited to observe or experience in your future, tell me, in a very well written, succinct paragraph, what it is and why you are excited to observe or experience it. BE SMART ABOUT YOUR PREDICTION; GOOGLE what you believe is ‘unlikely’ AND ‘likely’ in order to give credence to your belief before you write your paragraph!!! This kind of research always enhances your brand.
3. Please tell me, in a well written, succinct paragraph, something you read in “The Future” text which has made you pause and reflect upon how you are preparing for this eventuality.
4. Please watch this recent video on robots NOW being produced by a Massachusetts’ technology company, Boston Dynamics. Please tell me, in a well written paragraph, how the continuing developments in robotics will affect the kind of jobs available in the workforce:
- List jobs which exist today, in 2016, which will probably be eliminated by smart robots.
- List new jobs which will soon be available to appropriately trained people because of the introduction of smart robots.
5. Please tell me when Wednesday, 12am, is. Describe when 12am occurs.
- Does it begin the day at midnight?
- Is it in the middle of the day at noon?
6. Hope Life Skills Annual Pawtucket Red Sox Networking Event: Please answer the following questions:
- Are you interested in attending this event? yes or no
- What are the 2 best dates for you to attend?
- Would you like to be considered for throwing out the first pitch of the game? yes or no
- Please name a person(s) you’ve met in class AND/OR a career or job type you would like someone with experience to come to this event for you to meet and learn about a career or job in this field:
- example: a graphic designer
- example: Jeshua Zapata from Xzito Marketing agency
Please send me your answers electronically by Wednesday, 12am, March 2.