1. Please tell me something you heard during your visit to CVS today as you listened to one of the many people you met that caused you to reflect and think about your own life or plan for your future success. Please send your reflection to my email address in a well written statement with perfect spelling, SHORT SENTENCES and good grammar, punctuation and capitalization AS SOON AS POSSIBLE but before April 23rd! Thank you.
Today’s guest was
Ryan Roslonek, Coast Guard Academy graduate, Coast Guard veteran, Business Solutions Architect/ Corporate Senior Manager, coach, and father.
Today’s host was Ayo Onajide.
It was a visit to America’s 7th ranked company on the Fortune 500 list with more than $184 billion dollars in revenue in 2017, almost 250,000 people work for CVS, 9,800 stores, CVS pharmacies are found in every state in the United States as well as the South American country of Brazil and Puerto Rico and 79% of all Americans live within 3 miles of a CVS Pharmacy. The Life Skills
class came to the CVS Health main campus to learn what it’s like to work here and meet the people who make CVS Health the successful company it is!
1. Please share with me one thing from today’s class with Coach Flynn and Kait that made you think about your strategy, your plan, your brand presentation for your future success. Please send your well written answer with short sentences, perfect spelling and punctuation to my email address by Tuesday, April 10th.
2. Yes or No. Have you either sent an email to Coach Flynn or Kait Camacho Orona following today’s class OR connected with Coach Flynn on LinkedIn?
3. Please read the Boston Globe article entitled “Here’s How A Dairy Farmer From Vermont Became An NCAA Track Champ” I distributed in class today. Imagine – you have an opportunity to meet Elinor Purrier representing the University of New Hampshire at a college fair in Providence. Because you remember my admonition “Questions Are More Important Than Answers“, you approach Elinor with a smile, A FIRM HANDSHAKE, good eye contact and a pleasant greeting like “Hi Elinor. I’ve heard about you. Congratulations on your NCAA championship“. Then you ask Elinor a question for an answer about something you’re curious about with her personal story – what question would you ask Elinor during your meeting? Please send your well written answer with short sentences, perfect spelling and punctuation to my email address by Tuesday, April 10th.
Brown University Head Softball Coach, Katie Flynn and Brown University student athlete, softball pitcher, Kait Camacho-Orona
were today’s Hope Life Skills class guests.
Our exemplary class host for today’s class was Rosa Rodriguez.
You have TWO WEEKS to do this homework assignment because we don’t have class this coming Friday, March 30th. I look forward to reading your answers. Please get your answers to me as soon as you can. Thank you. Have a wonderful and peaceful Easter.
1. Please tell me ONE THING which resonated with you from today’s class with Edwin. In other words, identify one thing which took place during today’s class, whether it’s something Edwin said or something you observed during Rosa or Ianique’s mock phone interviews, which made you think about your strategy for success. Please send your well written answer to my email address with perfect spelling and punctuation, SHORT SENTENCES and correct capitalization of words like ‘I” as soon as you can. I look forward to reading your answer. Thank you.
2. Please read the incredible story of Joe Rantz in “The Brand” textbook from page 89 to page 101 posted on this web site. Then, please send me your assessment on how Joe Rantz was able to find the strength as a young boy, after his parents abandoned him TWICE, to persevere and continue his life to pursue his dreams, graduate from college and then become a successful engineer at the Boeing company! Why didn’t Joe give up? How was he able to continue, forgive and work hard in school and on his college and Olympic rowing teams? Please share your insights with me by sending your well written statement to my email address with perfect spelling and punctuation, SHORT SENTENCES and correct capitalization of words like ‘I” as soon as you can.
I look forward to reading your answer.
AND, HERE’S THE ACTUAL VIDEO OF THE RACE FROM 1936!
Today’s guest was Edwin Piverger, Talent Acquisition Manager for Pet Food Experts
(www.petfoodexperts.com) a distributor of pet foods and accessories to pet stores in the northern states of the United States of America. Edwin is responsible for identifying and recruiting talented people to his $260 million company located in Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
Today’s host was Jonasia Brown.
1. Please read today’s handout entitled “Why We’re Here”. Note the list of things I ask for your help so I can fulfill my responsibilities to you. Please indicate the things you feel you’re already good at. Then, please indicate the things you’re not good at yet and need more of your attention.
#1. Things you’re already good at.
#2. Things you need to work at.
Please send your well written answers with perfect spelling, good punctuation and capitalization and SHORT SENTENCES to my email address by Tuesday, March 20, before I go to bed. Thank you. Can’t wait to read them.
2. This video below is an empowering story of courage, love and perseverance in the face of incredible challenges. When I watch this video, I feel my challenges in life pale to what this brave woman has faced in her life. Her story gives me strength. I hope you feel the same way after you watch. Thank you.
Today’s guest was Kaydi McQuade, a partner at Back Pocket Resources.
Kaydi runs a temporary work agency, also called a temp agency or temporary staffing firm, that finds workers for companies looking to hire. Some companies need short-term workers. Other companies may be looking for permanent employees. Companies sign contracts with employment firms like Kaydi’s staffing/work agency to find all kinds of workers. Temporary employees are often needed for cyclical jobs for short term, busy periods of the year.
Today’s host was Rosa Rodriguez.
1. Of all the things David Grant and Junior Jabbe shared with us during Friday’s class, please tell me, yes or no, if either David or Junior said at least ONE thing that caused you to reflect about how you are presently living your life. There is no correct answer here. Just think about what each man said during Friday’s class, then, I would appreciate an honest and genuine ‘yes’ or ‘no’ if anything either man shared with us that made you think about the way you are presently living your life. In other words, did they cause you to think about internships, stepping out of your comfort zone, who is in your network, being organized and focused, having a trusted mentor, or your capacity to work harder to achieve your goals? Please send your answer to my email address before I go to bed on Tuesday, March 14, 2018. Thank you.