1. This is an activity about someone you read about in our “The Future” textbook. Please answer the following questions below about Elon Musk. Please make sure your sentences are well written with perfect spelling, good grammar, no run-on sentences (this means cramming too many ideas into one sentence) and good punctuation. Thank you. I look forward to reading your answers.
- who is Elon Musk? (write no more than 2 sentences to answer this specific question)
- name 2 of his companies and the products these companies make.
- would you consider buying an Elon Musk made company product? yes or no If yes, identify the product and why you would buy it. If no, explain why you wouldn’t buy any product made by an Elon Musk company.
- where does Elon Musk’s money come from? How did he become so rich? Please explain what he invested in which enabled him to become so wealthy. (He’s a billionaire!)
- Please explain what Elon Musk calls a “gigafactory“, what this “gigafactory” will produce and what benefits to you and I this “gigafactory” will provide.
- Please explain similarities between Elon Musk and Preston Tucker. You have a story about Preston Tucker in your “Brand” textbook (The Development of the American Brand. page 107)
- Please explain one similarity between Elon Musk and Tony Stark, aka Iron Man.
- What is lithium and please explain why is it so important to one of Elon Musk’s products?
- Finally, I am interested in your opinion. I am making an assumption you, like I, observe some redeeming qualities in Elon Musk. Like any person, Musk has accomplishments and failures. Please describe Elon Musk’s greatest quality or character trait. A character trait is not an accomplishment; it’s an attitude. For instance, ‘stick-to-it-iveness’ and ‘humility’ are traits. Building a rocket is an accomplishment. So what ‘trait’ do you most admire about him. If you haven’t observed any redeeming quality or trait of Elon Musk, state “I don’t see any redeeming qualities or trait in Elon Musk”. You may be right; but be prepared, I will challenge you to defend this observation. Thank you.
Please send me your answers to my email address no later than 12am, Thursday, March 17th. Thank you.
You made me proud today in class. You presented yourselves very well to Mr Rivera and Mr Mercado. Your brands continue to appreciate in value. Thank you for being so conscientious about your brand development.
Here are two interesting videos about Tony Stark….. I mean, Elon Musk.