Today’s Homework: April 1st, 2016
1. During today’s class preparing you for your next job or internship interview, we hopefully learned that interviewers look for specific qualities in job candidates. Arguably, the most important is ‘character‘: honesty, dependability and perseverance. Please watch the amazing and inspirational story of Dewey Bezela in this video below. This video only tells part of Mr Bezela’s story. Wikipedia ‘Dewey Bezela’ for the rest of Mr Bezela’s incredible story. After watching this video, please write a short paragraph describing your perception of Dewey Bezela’s brand and if Mr Bezala’s brand provides any life lessons for you to embrace about your ‘character’. Thank you.
2. Please read the profile of ‘Boss Tweed‘ in your “Quest For Success” textbook. After reading the profile of ‘Boss Tweed‘, please compare and contrast Boss Tweed’s brand with Dewey Bezela’s brand. As always, your description should be well written with perfect spelling, good grammar and punctuation and NO RUN-ON SENTENCES (in other words, please keep your sentences limited to one or two ideas or thoughts.)
3. Please complete this assignment by Wednesday, April 6, 2016, anytime before but not after midnight. Thank you.
4. I will see you Thursday morning, April 7th, at 8:45am in the lobby of the school for our trip to the corporate offices of CVS Health in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. Please make sure you BRING YOUR BUSINESS CARDS and be prepared to step out of your comfort zone to ask the CVS people you meet for their business cards.
5. Here’s the rest of the Dewey Bezela story. Reflect and enjoy.