- Please send me, in a well written email, your perception of the brand of today’s guest, Claudia Cardozo. Please make sure your description of Claudia’s brand has perfect spelling, good grammar and punctuation, and short sentences by Tuesday, May 14, 2019. Thank you.
- Please send me, in a well written email, Claudia’s perception of YOUR BRAND. I realize her encounter with you was only during today’s class, for a few moments. However, often times, our opportunities to influence someone about your brand, who might observe you with others, at an event, class, or just walking down a school corridor with others, is only for a few moments. But, their observation COULD be impactful. You never know who will make a decision about a future opportunity and who in their network they will reach out to ask questions about your brand. This is why you always need to be aware of your actions in public. PEOPLE FORM PERCEPTIONS ABOUT YOUR BRAND DURING BRIEF MOMENTS. Please make sure your description of Claudia’s perception of your brand has perfect spelling, good grammar and punctuation, and short sentences by Tuesday, May 14, 2019. Thank you. I look forward to this answer. Your assessment will provide interesting insights into the present status of your personal development strategy. I look forward to providing you with my assessment how Claudia perceived your brand TODAY.
- Thank you for the constructive criticism you gave me today on the power point presentation I will present to Hope High sophomores about next year’s Life Skills program on May 24th. The mission of my presentation is to give sophomores realistic expectations about our class, i.e. what they can expect from me, their teacher; expectations about the guests they’ll meet in class; expectations of our special events and field trips; realistic expectations of the homework they will be expected to complete; expectations about attending class each week or a text or email to me when the student has a conflict which keeps them from attending; expectation to always tell the truth; realization that the Life Skills class is a credit class which will be part of their overall GPA (grade point average).
- PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS for improving the power point presentation about the Life Skills program –
- Finally, I would appreciate your suggestions about creating an opportunity to meet with each student parent/guardian to share with them the mission of the Life Skills program.
- PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR suggestions to achieve my goal of meeting each parent/guardian of each student in the Life Skills program.
Please send your suggestions to my email address by Tuesday, May 7th, 2019. Thank you.
Please watch the following video and then, answer the following questions –
- please envision ONE more job which may be eliminated by artificial intelligent in the future.
- please name one of the 16 jobs mentioned in this video you think may not be eliminated by technology in the future and the reasons why this job may not be eliminated by technology.
PLEASE SEND YOUR WELL WRITTEN (PERFECT SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION, SHORT SENTENCES) ANSWERS TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS BY THURSDAY, APRIL 25TH. THANK YOU.
1. Please inform me – YES or NO – in an email if you will be attending the CVS Jobs AND Career Day on April 26.
2. Please inform me from the CVS Jobs and Career Day form above (Buyers; Store Management; Pharmacy; Supply Chain; Forensics/Data Analytics;) which department you would like to speak with someone about their job. If you wish me to attempt to find someone in a different department, please let me know the name of the department. For example, David asked me if he could speak with someone in graphic design at CVS. Please send me an email with your answers by Wednesday, April 3rd. I need to confirm with our friends and managers at CVS. Thank you.
So far: Pharmacy – Lucy
StoreManagement – Jeanlania
Data Analytics – Jose
Graphic Design – David
3. Please send me an email with an attachment to your completed Neighborhood Analysis on an Excel Spreadsheet by Wednesday, April 12th. Thank you.
1.Click on this link – NEIGHBORHOOD ANALYTICS – for the Excel spreadsheet for Activity 3 in “The TRUTH” textbook. See page 56 and 57 in “The TRUTH” textbook for instructions. You are expected to complete and BRING THIS EXCEL SPREADSHEET printed to class on March 29th showing your analysis of the 3 neighborhoods. See Ms Nuri if you need additional copies of this EXCEL SPREADSHEET. I gave her updated Excel spreadsheet copies on Monday, March 18.
This is a college level, challenging assignment.
- After reading pages 1 through 27 in the book entitled “The Truth“, tell me your process for finding consistently accurate, truthful, honest, reliable information. Email me your answer by Sunday, March 24th. Perfect spelling, grammar, and capitalization. And, short sentences too. Thank you.
- Then, read pages 40 through 53 in “The Truth” textbook. If you have any questions about anything you read or view on these pages, I encourage you to email me your questions for clarification. I want to help.
- Next, complete ACTIVITY 3 on page 56 – 57 of “The Truth” textbook. I am asking you to SET UP AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET where you will segment (organize) and rate data in specific categories on 3 hypothetical, separate neighborhoods. Check the SPREADSHEET sample I created for you on page 57. Your spreadsheet will enable you to easily analyze the data you have segmented to make a logical decision on which neighborhood you would like to live in. IF YOU NEED HELP SETTING UP YOUR EXCEL SPREADSHEET, SEE MS. AVARISTA IN ROOM 222. She told me she welcomes all of you for help setting up an Excel spreadsheet any Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday. Finally, you are expected to bring your printed Excel Spreadsheet to class on March 29th to show how you used the data you segmented and then analyzed to decide on ‘the best neighborhood to live in‘. Email me any questions you have about this assignment.
- Please imagine you have just finished a job interview at a real company you want to work for and a job position you are really interested in. We spoke today about the importance of a ‘follow up’ email to the person in the company you interviewed with. Please compose a ‘follow up’ email to the person you interviewed with. You can make up a name for this person who interviewed you but reference the company by its real name in your email. PLEASE REMEMBER THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER GRAMMAR, PERFECT SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION IN THIS ‘FOLLOW UP’ CORRESPONDENCE. Then, send this letter to my email address as soon as possible but no later than Wednesday, February 20.
- For those of you who wish to ‘follow up’ with Nan Quinlan at any time to say ‘thank you’, or a request for advice or feedback, here is Nan’s email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Watch this video, please. The rest of this assignment is meant to have you pause, think, reflect, hopefully, arouse your curiosity, stimulate creative thinking, maybe even cause you to collaborate with a smart person you know, in order to reinforce the lessons of our FUTURE FORUM, i.e. technology, specifically artificial intelligence (AI), will continue to have an increasing impact on the jobs and entrepreneurial opportunities in our future. The challenge, hopefully the excitement, for us all will be how we exploit, take advantage of, the capabilities of technology for our exciting career and/or entrepreneurial opportunities.
2. Please tell me if you could ever see your self working on a farm like the one in this video. YES or NO. Then, tell me why.
3. Please tell me if you could imagine a company you start, or work for, where you would work closely with AI (artificial intelligent) technology: robots, androids, drones, computers, computer programs, on-line portals like Amazon, etc. YES or NO. If you answer “no“, please tell me why you would not like to work at a company which uses artificial intelligent technology. If you answer “yes“, please briefly describe the company you would like to start or work for which uses some form of AI. Please send your WELL WRITTEN email answer to me with PERFECT SPELLING, SHORT SENTENCES, correct PUNCTUATION (periods, commas, etc) and grammar as soon as possible but no later than Wednesday, February 6, 2019. Please note – this assignment is not about identifying something which is probable. It’s about identifying something which might be possible!!!!! I look forward to reading your answer. Thank you.
THE NEXT VIDEO IS NOT PART OF THE HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT. I’VE INCLUDED IT BECAUSE I thought some of you would be interested in watching this conversation between a human, named Carlos, and Sophia, the AI humanoid robot we observed at the FUTURE FORUM . Sophia is teaching Carlos how to meditate. After the ‘greet and meet‘ and the start of Sophia’s instruction, most of the video is silent as you observe Carlos and Sophia meditating. However, don’t miss the end of the video when Sophia brings Carlos out of his meditation. Interesting? Unnerving? Weird? Sad? Was Sophia disappointed Carlos had to leave? Human tendencies? What do you think? BY THE WAY, the company which created Sophia, Hanson Robotics, has created 9 robot humanoid “siblings” of Sophia named Alice, Albert Einstein Hubo, BINA48, Han, Jules, Professor Einstein, Philip K. Dick Android, Zeno, and Joey Chaos.
1. The purpose of this assignment is for YOU to collect some credible (truthful) data to analyze so you can get better than you are now simply by using ‘time’ more efficiently, more effectively. Your use of one of your most valuable resources, TIME, to maximize/develop your MANY talents will create more opportunities to be the successful person you want to be. Seguro!!! Please hand in your ‘time management‘ schedule to me at the beginning of our FEBRUARY 1st class. Thank you. I hope you find this ‘time management’ activity helpful to make sure you use your time wisely to support your personal priorities and be the successful person you aspire to be.
- I am asking for your opinion – Do benefits, like protection from terrorist attacks, new medicines to cure diseases, personalized commercials sent to us, fun video games to play and smart phone technology to use, justify, or make it ok, for companies and governments to continuously collect and use data about us all? YES or NO. If you said ‘yes’, please explain WHY you think it’s ok for governments and companies to collect and use data about us as long as we continue to have benefits like safety from terrorist attacks, new medicines to fight cancer and other diseases, personalized commercials sent to us, and fun video games to play. If you said ‘no’, please explain WHY you don’t want governments and companies to have the right to collect and use data about us. Please send your well written answer with PERFECT SPELLING and CAPITALIZATION, good punctuation and grammar, to my email address by Monday night, December 17, 2018. Thank you. THANK YOU.